Saturday, June 11, 2016

38 in 38 Kickstarter Project


38 in 38 - Please Read

Since this blog started in 2009, I’ve kept an eye on the places where people read from and it’s always fascinated me as to who’s reading in these far flung places of the world.  A couple of years ago I was pondering closing the blog down and it was messages from Saints fans overseas that made me realise that I was actually providing a service and people actually enjoyed reading it.  This realisation was a bit of a shock because all I thought I was doing was brain dumping my pub style ramblings.

Trevor Foy is one such overseas (Melbourne, Australian) reader and he’s started a Kickstarter project called 38in38.  If you get the chance, please can you visit this page and do what you can.  I won’t explain too many of the details here because it’s all explained in the link below

Over to Trev…

“The aim of 38in38 is to create an inclusive and interactive publication covering Southampton Football Club's past, present & future.

Southampton FC have long been recognised as a family and community club in England. The motivation for #38in38 is to showcase this on a global scale. Throughout 38in38 I'll be joining Saints fans in 38 different countries and sharing their stories, one match at a time.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/322457664/38in38



I feel that this would be a great thing to get off the ground and it will give you a real appreciation of who is out there in the wider world that exists outside of driving distance to St.Mary’s.  I feel lucky that I'm local and am able to attend games.  Despite not being able to do the same, you must be able to appreciate the passion and loyalty of the Saints fans overseas and right now, with the recent behaviour of our manager a glaring example of the opposite, we could all do with getting behind this project. 

Thanks in advance.

Glen

3 comments: